CLEARWATER, FL (WFLA) – An auto repair shop in Clearwater will be offering free brake pads and labor costs to motorists who donate non-perishable food.
The Ice Cold Air Discount Auto Repair shop at 1180 Court Street in Clearwater will begin its “Putting the Brakes on Hunger” campaign on Monday, May 9 through Saturday, May 21.
In 2015, the franchise ran a promotion in Tampa that garnered 885 pounds of food donations.
“We are very proud to support Feeding Tampa Bay. It is a privilege to help facilitate our customer’s support of a local charity that conducts challenging and important work making positive impacts in the lives our community,” said Tina Denham, president of President of Ice Cold Air Discount Auto Repair.
Ice Cold Air Discount Auto Repair asks customers to make an appointment beforehand and to bring their food donations when dropping their vehicles off.
The repair shop will only accept new, non-perishable food items that have a clear store label.
“Our customers and community have been very good to us for over 40 years, and supporting worthy local charities is an excellent way for us to give back to the community and our customers for their support,” said Denham.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Suspect dead after deputy-involved shooting in St. Pete
- Garrison’s OT goal lifts Lightning to 2-1 win over Islanders
- Pasco detectives: teacher’s aid had sex with 2 teens
- 180,000 pacifiers recalled over choking hazard
- Polk 2-year-old wandered alone on road for 1.5 hours, say deputies
- 12-year-old steals, drives school bus
- Video of man chased from Target goes viral
- Student reportedly Googled ‘at home abortion’ before death of newborn
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines