DAYTON, Ohio – Police are actively searching for a man who they say stabbed an seven-year-old girl on a playground at a Dayton, Ohio school.
Police said a stranger approached a girl who was playing on the swings at World of Wonder at Residence Park School and stabbed her. That child was taken to Dayton Children’s Hospital and is now in critical condition.
Listen to part of the 911 call:
Police began searching the area for the suspect with a K9. They are talking to neighbors looking for any information they could in their efforts to find out who is responsible.
Dayton Public Schools officials said the victim is a second-grade student.
Investigators don’t know why this particular child was attacked. The investigation is ongoing. According to police there was at least one teacher on the playground with the students at the time of the attack.
“Crazy, it’s sickening because my two kids actually go here. So for it to happen at my kids’ school it’s sickening. It’s heartbreaking and I don’t understand why someone would come and do that to a second-grader,” a parent said.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Hot air balloon lands next to I-4 in Polk County
- Loud sex leads to arrest for woman with neighbors struck by cancer
- Motorists stop to rescue 2 women after car drives off ramp, plunges 50 feet
- VIDEO: Vehicle hits Largo police cruiser, leaves scene
- Video of man chased from Target goes viral
- Girl, 11, abducted from school bus stop, killed
- Lightning play in New York Friday; News Channel 8 hosting watch party
- Life Hacks for Mom: Applying makeup for a fresh look throughout the day
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines