PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — An instructional aid at Land O’ Lakes High School is under arrest on charges of sexual battery-custodial authority with victim Friday morning. Her victims are 15 and 17 years old.
Melissa Lee Borsch, 35, worked as a special education teacher’s aid, Linda Cobbe with Pasco schools said.
“What’s really concerning is she’s working in a class with students with disabilities,” she said.
According to the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office, Borsch was involved with two male students. She made friends with the mother of one of the boys, the 15-year-old. She came to their home when the boy was alone, and the two had consensual sex, according to the PCSO probable cause affidavit.
“That’s kind of shocking because a lot of the teachers at Land O Lakes are professional and come here to educate us and not do that kind of stuff so it’s kind of shocking,” Xavier Arroio, a student at the school said.
She met up with her second victim, another 17-year-old boy, at a house where she was spending a night. She had consensual sex with him too, according to the probable cause affidavit. She admitted to this in a recorded phone conversation with the homeowner of the house.
Borsch was taken to the Pasco County jail.
“We’ll be informing faculty, and he’s [the school district superintendent] recording a message to parents to let them know that she’s been arrested and give them phone numbers if they have any suspicions of additional victims or to call him if they have any questions,” Linda Cobbe said.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- 180,000 pacifiers recalled over choking hazard
- Polk 2-year-old wandered alone on road for 1.5 hours, say deputies
- 12-year-old steals, drives school bus
- Video of man chased from Target goes viral
- Student reportedly Googled ‘at home abortion’ before death of newborn
- Ex-leader of private Florida high school accused of stalking teacher
- Life Hacks for Mom: Applying makeup for a fresh look throughout the day
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines