MARCO ISLAND, Fla. (WFLA) – An Ohio man will not face charges after his drone crashed into a Cape Marco community last month.
A camera on the drone captured the entire incident. The video shows the drone along the water line and can be seen coasting towards the building, crashing into a patio sliding glass door and tumbling to the ground.
The owners of the condo where the drone landed, fearing they were being spied upon, were very upset by the incident, according to a police report obtained by WBBH. Officials, however, did not find any evidence to support that fear.
The pilot, who had the drone registered, said the drone lost signal. When that happens, the drone is programmed to “return home,” but it didn’t know there was a building in its way.
The pilot of the drone reportedly left a note at the building afterward, which read, “Sorry about this. We are embarrassed it happened,” the NBC station reported.
A crash report was filed with the FAA, but police did not find any illegal activity in connection with the April incident.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Loud sex leads to arrest for woman with neighbors struck by cancer
- Motorists stop to rescue 2 women after car drives off ramp, plunges 50 feet
- VIDEO: Vehicle hits Largo police cruiser, leaves scene
- Video of man chased from Target goes viral
- Girl, 11, abducted from school bus stop, killed
- Lightning play in New York Friday; News Channel 8 hosting watch party
- Life Hacks for Mom: Applying makeup for a fresh look throughout the day
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines