JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) – The former administration of a private high school in Florida is accused of stalking a teacher he had been dating.
Matthew Joseph Kearney III was arrested Thursday in Gainesville.
The Florida Times-Union reports the teacher at Episcopal School of Jacksonville filed an injunction against 55-year-old Kearney on Monday. The injunction calls Kearney her former boyfriend and details accusations of stalking, suicide threats, and threats to harm her friend if she refused to see Kearney.
Episcopal spokeswoman Meg Sacks did not comment on Kearney’s departure from the school, saying it was a “personal issue.”
According to the injunction, the teacher called police when Kearney threatened suicide. They took him to a mental facility and he was arrested following his release 72 hours later.
Records don’t list an attorney for him.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Loud sex leads to arrest for woman with neighbors struck by cancer
- Motorists stop to rescue 2 women after car drives off ramp, plunges 50 feet
- VIDEO: Vehicle hits Largo police cruiser, leaves scene
- Video of man chased from Target goes viral
- Girl, 11, abducted from school bus stop, killed
- Lightning play in New York Friday; News Channel 8 hosting watch party
- Life Hacks for Mom: Applying makeup for a fresh look throughout the day
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines