DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) – The Powerball jackpot has grown even larger.
There was no jackpot winner in Wednesday night’s drawing, increasing the prize from $348 million to an estimated $415 million.
While that’s not chump change, it’s a far cry from the $1.6 billion Powerball prize shared by three winning lottery ticketholders in January, the largest ever jackpot draw in the world. No one has won the full jackpot since March 2.
Powerball says the odds of winning the top prize are one in more than 292 million.
Powerball tickets are sold in 44 states, as well as the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- 35-40 million more Takata airbags added to recall
- Video of man chased from Target goes viral
- Girl, 11, abducted from school bus stop, killed
- Holmes Beach City officials could levy fines against controversial tree house
- Teens using plant seeds to get high
- Mother defends son’s ‘girly’ toy choice in Facebook post
- Powerball jackpot reaches $348 million
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines