(NBC NEWS) — Nissan is recalling 108,000 Rogue SUVs in the US because the rear hatch door can fall without warning.
The recall covers Rogues from the 2014 through 2016 model years.
According to government documents, Nissan says salt water can get in the rear left gate supports and cause rust.
The supports can then lose their pressure and break, increasing the risk of injury to anyone standing under the hatch.
The automaker will notify owners in mid-June and will make repairs at no costs to owners.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Motorists stop to rescue 2 women after car drives off ramp, plunges 50 feet
- VIDEO: Vehicle hits Largo police cruiser, leaves scene
- Video of man chased from Target goes viral
- Girl, 11, abducted from school bus stop, killed
- Lightning play in New York Friday; News Channel 8 hosting watch party
- Life Hacks for Mom: Applying makeup for a fresh look throughout the day
- Bat droppings to shut down drivers license renewals this weekend
- Photos of goose attack on 5-year-old Texas girl go viral
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines