DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (AP) – Police in Florida say mixed martial arts fighter Jordan Parsons has died three days after being struck by a hit-and-run driver.
Delray Beach police say the 25-year-old Parsons died Wednesday. He was crossing a highway early Sunday when he was hit by a 2012 or 2013 Range Rover Sport that fled.
Police say Parsons was wearing headphones at the time and may not have heard the vehicle approaching. They say pieces of the SUV were found at the scene, including a side mirror.
The Michigan native fought for Bellator MMA and had an 11-2-0 record. Bellator president Scott Coker calls Parsons “an exceptional athlete and a rising star in the sport.”
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Motorists stop to rescue 2 women after car drives off ramp, plunges 50 feet
- VIDEO: Vehicle hits Largo police cruiser, leaves scene
- Video of man chased from Target goes viral
- Girl, 11, abducted from school bus stop, killed
- Lightning play in New York Friday; News Channel 8 hosting watch party
- Life Hacks for Mom: Applying makeup for a fresh look throughout the day
- Bat droppings to shut down drivers license renewals this weekend
- Photos of goose attack on 5-year-old Texas girl go viral
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines