DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) – The United Arab Emirates’ national airline says several passengers were injured when one of its flights encountered sudden turbulence as it prepared to land in the Indonesian capital, Jakarta.
Etihad Airways said on Wednesday that flight EY474 from its hub in Abu Dhabi was hit by “severe and unexpected turbulence” about 45 minutes before landing at Soekarno Hatta International Airport.
It says the plane landed safely but 31 passengers were injured, including nine who were taken to hospital for treatment. The airline did not provide details on the severity of the injuries.
It says the turbulence was severe enough that it damaged cabin storage bins.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- 35-40 million more Takata airbags added to recall
- Powerball jackpot increases to $415 million
- Video of man chased from Target goes viral
- Girl, 11, abducted from school bus stop, killed
- Holmes Beach City officials could levy fines against controversial tree house
- Teens using plant seeds to get high
- Mother defends son’s ‘girly’ toy choice in Facebook post
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines