CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – This is a note you must read. The Clearwater Police Department shared a photo of a letter a Countryside High School student gave to Officer Cathi Long.
Long was named the Pinellas County School District school resource officer of the year. “Our officers do a lot more than just protect and serve in their everyday jobs,” police said.
Here’s what the note says:
“Dear Officer Long,
Thank you for being basically my second mom, because you’ve helped me so much with getting back on track to graduate, or when if I was having a bad day I could just come to your office and vent to you about what’s going on at home. When I walk across that stage I’m going (to) give you the biggest hug ever because you made this possible for me. You never gave up on me and that’s what I cherish most. I love you, Officer Long. Happy Teacher/Mentor Appreciation Week.”
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Cops: Florida robbers eat, shoot dog and put victim in dog cage
- Pregnant woman denied refund after cancelling cruise over Zika concerns
- 35-40 million more Takata airbags added to recall
- Video of man chased from Target goes viral
- Girl, 11, abducted from school bus stop, killed
- Holmes Beach City officials could levy fines against controversial tree house
- Teens using plant seeds to get high
- Mother defends son’s ‘girly’ toy choice in Facebook post
- Powerball jackpot reaches $348 million
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines