ST. PETERSBURG, FL (WFLA) — Following multiple reports of shots fired Wednesday morning, St. Petersburg police responded to find a man shot dead around Central and 42nd Street.
Police say they responded to the scene around 6:33 a.m. The victim, identified as 40-year-old Joshua Dante Terrell, was transported to Bayfront Health where he was pronounced dead at 7:25 a.m.
The circumstances surrounding the deadly shooting may be difficult to determine, as heavy rain Wednesday morning may have washed away some of the evidence from the scene, according to police spokesman Rick Shaw.
Police say they do not have any suspects at this time.
42nd Street is currently closed between Central Ave. and 1st Avenue S. as the investigation continues.
Stay with WFLA.com for updates.
SEE OTHER TOP CLICKED STORIES:
- 42 brands of frozen vegetables, fruits recalled over Listeria concerns
- 2 found dead at Talladega Superspeedway
- Paralyzed dog left on Tampa shelter’s doorstep with heartbreaking note
- Tampa Bay Times buys, shutters Tampa Tribune
- Video of man chased from Target goes viral
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Woman, 59, expecting twins
- See more top stories from WFLA here >>