NEW YORK (AP) – Hulu will offer a live-streaming service in 2017 that will offer a mix of cable and broadcast programming as well as news, sports and events.
That pits the streaming service against similar offerings from Dish’s Sling TV and Sony’s PlayStation Vue as more and more Americans shift to watching TV online.
CEO Mike Hopkins confirmed the news at a presentation in New York on Wednesday but gave few specifics.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- 35-40 million more Takata airbags added to recall
- Video of man chased from Target goes viral
- Girl, 11, abducted from school bus stop, killed
- Holmes Beach City officials could levy fines against controversial tree house
- Teens using plant seeds to get high
- Mother defends son’s ‘girly’ toy choice in Facebook post
- Powerball jackpot reaches $348 million
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines