(WDIV) – The FBI has arrested a man who is suspected of attempting to contaminate food products in several Ann Arbor, Michigan area grocery stores.
The man was observed sprinkling “a liquid” on food carts, according to the FBI. The FBI didn’t specify which store the man was seen in, but said that preliminary tests for the substance came back negative for harmful substances.
The FBI announced Tuesday the man was taken into custody with help from the Ann Arbor Police Department. Federal investigators said he admitted to using a potentially hazardous material to contaminate food in several Ann Arbor area grocery stores.
They say an investigation has led them to believe the man sprayed a liquid mixture of hand cleaner, water, and Tomcat mice poison on produce in at least three grocery stores.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1TiFtyW
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- 35-40 million more Takata airbags added to recall
- Video of man chased from Target goes viral
- Girl, 11, abducted from school bus stop, killed
- Holmes Beach City officials could levy fines against controversial tree house
- Teens using plant seeds to get high
- Mother defends son’s ‘girly’ toy choice in Facebook post
- Powerball jackpot reaches $348 million
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines