MONCKS CORNER, S.C. (WCBD) — We’ve all had unwanted visitors stopping by the house. But you’ve probably never had a visitor like this trying to get in your door.
A good sized alligator was walking through Foxbank Plantation community in Moncks Corner.
Gary Rogers recorded video of the alligator. “I was out walking the dog and we kind of went around the corner from my daughter’s house. Some construction workers alerted me to an alligator being in the neighborhood.”
So Gary Rogers began to shoot this video. “He was trying to find water or just wilderness.”
At one point the gator tried to jump Christine Bravo’s fence, perhaps to get to the pool water in the back yard. He even caused some damage to her AC unit. “It um, got wedged. It looked like it wanted to get out. Looked like it was getting kind of stressed.”
What the gator did next was what none of them had seen before. “He climbed up on the door of the neighbor. It looked like he was trying to ring the doorbell.”
Probably wouldn’t be the first unsolicited visitor to the neighborhood.
Homeowner Jamie Bailey was surprised. “I was at work when I got a text from my neighbor telling me I had an alligator knocking on my door.”
At first, she didn’t believe it, but then she said, “I don’t know, I thought maybe he was here for personal training. I do personal training and I thought maybe he was here for a session. it’s quite funny.”
Once he went to the neighbor’s house, he found a yard without a fence and finally made his way back to freedom in the woods.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Tampa Bay area mom warns about the ‘Super Pill’
- Video of man chased from Target goes viral
- 2 found dead at Talladega Superspeedway
- Mom demands Polk County protect other children after her own son’s death
- Driver accused of turning off air conditioning on hot Florida school bus
- Life Hacks for Mom: Tips and tricks for a healthy lawn
- Honor Flight needs sponsors to continue honoring Tampa Bay area veterans
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines