SANTA ROSA COUNTY, FL (WKRG) – A suspect was hospitalized after he attacked a victim with a sword and the victim, in turn, shot him with a shotgun.
21-year-old William Chris McClanahan-Spenler was arrested by the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office and charged with aggravated assault with a weapon.
MUG SHOTS: People Accused of Crazy Crimes
Deputies first responded to the area on Quail Roost Drive in Navarre for a shooting complaint. That is where deputies located Spenler suffering from the gunshot wound. He was taken to the hospital and later released.
No word on the identity of the victim that shot Spenler or the victim’s condition.
This is an active investigation, but Spenler remains in Santa Rosa County jail with no bond.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Man dies in Pinellas nursing home, possible abuse investigated
- Billboard questioning homosexuality sparks controversy
- Classmates mourn student killed in motorcycle crash in Hillsborough
- Ringling elephants to retire after weekend RI performance
- Life Hacks for Mom: Tips and tricks in the kitchen
- Massive fire burns church in NYC
- Dogs get airport bathrooms of their own
- Fire department won’t let police live it down after elevator rescue in Kansas City
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines