SAN ANTONIO, TX (WOAI) — A Texas mother has been arrested after two children were found chained outside her home.
Bexar County investigators arrested Porucha Phillips, 34, the mother of the six children who were found inside the home. It’s believed she was responsible for the care of the two children who were found tied up outside.
A neighbor said a child could be heard loudly crying in the backyard of a home. There, they found a 2-year-old boy chained at the ankle to a tree. A 3-year-old girl was found tied to a door with a dog leash. The girl is now in intensive care at Children’s Hospital of San Antonio with a broken arm.
“It makes you wonder what somebody’s thinking,” said Chief James Keith with the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office. “How could they do this? It’s hard to even imagine. And I’m just grateful that our deputies and this neighbor were able to get there in time for these kids.”
Phillips claims the kids tied up outside were dumped there by their parents and told deputies she was planning to drop those two kids off at a fire station because she couldn’t care for them, WOAI-TV reports.
So far, investigators haven’t been able to locate the parents of the two children.
Phillips is the mother of six other children. They were found inside the home unharmed. She’s also pregnant with a seventh child.
Now, she faces charges of injury to a child by omission with serious bodily injury.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1TpWyaw
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Man dies in Pinellas nursing home, possible abuse investigated
- Billboard questioning homosexuality sparks controversy
- Classmates mourn student killed in motorcycle crash in Hillsborough
- Ringling elephants to retire after weekend RI performance
- Life Hacks for Mom: Tips and tricks in the kitchen
- Massive fire burns church in NYC
- Dogs get airport bathrooms of their own
- Fire department won’t let police live it down after elevator rescue in Kansas City
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines