CALDWELL, Idaho – A lively 90-year old grandmother celebrated her birthday this weekend by making her first skydiving jump. Beth Roberts joined her two sons and a granddaughter on a windy day in southern Idaho.
The plane took the group up to 16,000 feet where the excited woman had no hesitation in beginning her jump.
Beth tandem-jumped with a professional. They dropped for about a minute before opening parachutes and gliding safely to the ground.
The gusty winds threatened to blow them off course, but the pair managed a good landing. The grandma wasn’t fazed by the jump. She even told her jump partner she may come back when she’s 95 to do it again.
Beth was born in Colorado, lived most of her life in Wyoming and now lives in the Boise, Idaho area.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Half-bearded man arrested in Miami
- Chyna’s manager says she died from accidental overdose of prescriptions
- Dozens of citations doled out since decriminalization of marijuana in Tampa
- Beyonce slays at tour opening, offers no insight into album
- St. Pete man records himself asking to use Target women’s bathroom
- Three Tampa Bay area hospitals receive ‘D’ grades
- Hamburger buns stored next to toilet at Checkers restaurant
- Florida manatee gives birth to rare set of twins
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines