GULF SHORES, AL (WKRG) — It’s not every day that you’re walking along the beach and spot an alligator coming out of the water.
That’s exactly what happened over the weekend at Fort Morgan, where beachgoers snapped these photos of a gator that surfaced on the beach.
According to Fort Morgan Fire Rescue, wildlife officials advised to leave the gator alone and let it find it’s way back home. It’s likely the gator came all the way from the shallow waters of Mobile Bay, where gators are know to be prevalent.
As of Monday morning, the pictures have been shared more than 2,500 times. Not something you see everyday!
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Man dies in Pinellas nursing home, possible abuse investigated
- Billboard questioning homosexuality sparks controversy
- Classmates mourn student killed in motorcycle crash in Hillsborough
- Ringling elephants to retire after weekend RI performance
- Life Hacks for Mom: Tips and tricks in the kitchen
- Massive fire burns church in NYC
- Dogs get airport bathrooms of their own
- Fire department won’t let police live it down after elevator rescue in Kansas City
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines