HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Hillsborough County Code Enforcement workers say a hole that opened up on Waters Avenue near Henderson Road was caused by a pipe failure and is not a sinkhole.
The hole opened up late Monday afternoon and shutdown the westbound lanes of Waters Ave in front of the Lowe’s entrance.
Officials reopened all except one lane of Waters Ave early Monday evening. The turn lane into the main entrance to Lowe’s remains closed as well.
The hole is about 6 feet wide, and the depth is unknown.
Stay with WFLA.com for more on this developing story.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Half-bearded man arrested in Miami
- Chyna’s manager says she died from accidental overdose of prescriptions
- Dozens of citations doled out since decriminalization of marijuana in Tampa
- Beyonce slays at tour opening, offers no insight into album
- St. Pete man records himself asking to use Target women’s bathroom
- Three Tampa Bay area hospitals receive ‘D’ grades
- Hamburger buns stored next to toilet at Checkers restaurant
- Florida manatee gives birth to rare set of twins
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines