RUSKIN, Fla. (WFLA) — The Florida Highway Patrol on Wednesday released the name of a man whose body was found on the side of I-75 northbound in Ruskin on Monday morning.
An FHP spokesperson said on Wednesday that 38-year-old Rusty Lee Harris of Palmetto was struck and killed in the northbound outside lane.
Harris’ body was found near mile marker 240 in Ruskin around 11:30 a.m. on Monday. Investigators believe he was the victim of an overnight hit-and-run crash.
FHP investigators described Harris as a pedestrian who was tossed to the shoulder of the road after he was hit. His body was later discovered by a passing motorist.
Investigators are searching for a black F-150, F-250 or Expedition-type vehicle, possibly with a flat tire and damage to the right front of the vehicle.
Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to contact the FHP by calling 813-631-4020 or Crime Stoppers at 800-873-8477 (TIPS) and www.crimestopperstb.com. Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of up to $3,000 for information that leads to the identification and arrest of the unknown suspect in this case.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- 35-40 million more Takata airbags added to recall
- Video of man chased from Target goes viral
- Girl, 11, abducted from school bus stop, killed
- Holmes Beach City officials could levy fines against controversial tree house
- Teens using plant seeds to get high
- Mother defends son’s ‘girly’ toy choice in Facebook post
- Powerball jackpot reaches $348 million
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines