(WFLA) – Sports Authority announced that it will be closing the doors of all its retail stores nationwide.
CNN reported that the sporting goods retailer filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in March. Then it indicated that it would close 140 stores and two distribution centers,
It recently notified the bankruptcy court that it would not consider the reorganization but would sell the assets instead.
According to CNN, the company carries over $1 billion in debt.
It will liquidate all stores and close down all the operations in the upcoming months.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Paying it forward: Man helps homeless woman learn how to read
- BOLTS WIN: Johnson has 2 goals and assist, Lightning beat Islanders 4-1
- Rodent droppings, rotten lemons, live roaches found at Tampa Bay area restaurants
- Ringling elephants to retire after weekend RI performance
- Bodies of 2 kayakers recovered in Lake Manatee
- 1 teen killed, 1 hurt after being ejected from carnival ride
- 82-year-old with Parkinson’s out $6,300, decides ‘Better Call Behnken’
- Train-car collision kills 1 in Plant City
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines