HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, FL (WFLA) – Hillsborough County detectives are investigating the death of a man whose body was found in a car parked by an apartment complex early Sunday morning.
The car was parked by the Park at Ravenna Apartments located at 6919 Bonair Drive. A person called the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office around 4 a.m. and said there was a dead man in a car parked there.
When HCSO deputies arrived at the scene, they found the body of Angel Manuel Hernandez, 21, in the front seat of the car. Deputies then began interviewing witnesses and contacted homicide detectives.
HCSO has not released a cause of death. They are working to identify the victim and determine who owned the car, a 1998 gold Chevy Cavalier. Authorities said the license plate wasn’t assigned to it.
The investigation continues.
Stay with WFLA for more on this developing story.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Paying it forward: Man helps homeless woman learn how to read
- BOLTS WIN: Johnson has 2 goals and assist, Lightning beat Islanders 4-1
- Rodent droppings, rotten lemons, live roaches found at Tampa Bay area restaurants
- Ringling elephants to retire after weekend RI performance
- Bodies of 2 kayakers recovered in Lake Manatee
- 1 teen killed, 1 hurt after being ejected from carnival ride
- 82-year-old with Parkinson’s out $6,300, decides ‘Better Call Behnken’
- Train-car collision kills 1 in Plant City
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines