ST. PETERSBURG, FL (WFLA) – St. Pete Police are investigating a drowning in the Mirror Lake near downtown.
The call to the dispatch came in around 9 a.m. Sunday. The caller said that there was a man acting erratically and going into the water in the Mirror Lake near 7th Street. The men went underwater and never came back.
St. Pete Police and fire crews responded to the scene. The man was found submerged in the water. Paramedics worked for 20 minutes trying to resuscitate him but he died at the scene.
St. Pete Police officers believe they have his identification but they are withholding it pending the next of kin notification.
Stay with WFLA for more on this developing story.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Paying it forward: Man helps homeless woman learn how to read
- BOLTS WIN: Johnson has 2 goals and assist, Lightning beat Islanders 4-1
- Rodent droppings, rotten lemons, live roaches found at Tampa Bay area restaurants
- Ringling elephants to retire after weekend RI performance
- Bodies of 2 kayakers recovered in Lake Manatee
- 1 teen killed, 1 hurt after being ejected from carnival ride
- 82-year-old with Parkinson’s out $6,300, decides ‘Better Call Behnken’
- Train-car collision kills 1 in Plant City
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines