JUPITER, Fla. (AP) – Authorities say six people, including four children, have been killed in a highway crash in South Florida.
The Florida Highway Patrol says the crash involving a minivan and an SUV occurred Saturday on Interstate 95 in Jupiter at around 9:30 p.m.
Highway Patrol Sgt. Mark Wysocky tells the Palm Beach Post that one driver lost control of a vehicle and drove into a wall. Wysocky said the vehicle bounced off the wall and into the path of the other vehicle.
Palm Beach County Fire-Rescue Capt. Albert Borroto told the Post that emergency first responders found multiple victims lying in the road.
Three people died at the scene, and three others at hospitals. Two adults and one child survived with injuries ranging from serious to minor.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Paying it forward: Man helps homeless woman learn how to read
- BOLTS WIN: Johnson has 2 goals and assist, Lightning beat Islanders 4-1
- Rodent droppings, rotten lemons, live roaches found at Tampa Bay area restaurants
- Ringling elephants to retire after weekend RI performance
- Bodies of 2 kayakers recovered in Lake Manatee
- 1 teen killed, 1 hurt after being ejected from carnival ride
- 82-year-old with Parkinson’s out $6,300, decides ‘Better Call Behnken’
- Train-car collision kills 1 in Plant City
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines