EL PASO, Texas (AP) – One teenage girl has been killed and another is injured after they were ejected from a whirling ride at an El Paso church carnival.
Police say the girls were at a parking lot carnival at St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church when they were hurled from a spinning ride called “Sizzler” just before 7 p.m. Friday. A spokeswoman for the El Paso Roman Catholic diocese says a 16-year-old girl hit a metal barricade. She died at Del Sol Medical Center. A 15-year-old girl was taken to University Medical Center with injuries not thought to be life-threatening.
A third girl who also was on the ride had hooked her arms on a safety bar and was not ejected.
Police Sgt. Enrique Carrillo says a cause hasn’t been determined.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Paying it forward: Man helps homeless woman learn how to read
- Florida man clings to car in extreme road rage incident
- Rodent droppings, rotten lemons, live roaches found at Tampa Bay area restaurants
- Buccaneers draft devoted to helping Jameis realize potential
- Jacksonville police officer arrested after hitting handcuffed woman
- Beyonce performs for sold out crowd at Raymond James
- 82-year-old with Parkinson’s out $6,300, decides ‘Better Call Behnken’
- Parking problems plague Downtown Tampa businesses
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines