BRANDON, FL (WFLA) — The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office announced on Friday evening that they have found four foster children who ran away from A Kid’s Place in Brandon Friday morning.
The children appear to be safe according to HCSO Spokeswoman Debbie Carter.
Carter reported that the children were found when they were trying to climb a fence to get back into A Kid’s Place on Friday evening.
Carter revealed that the kids originally ran away to a nearby park Friday morning and then broke into an abandoned home that they stayed at most of the day on Friday.
Detectives will interview the children and then medically clear them to return to A Kid’s Place, a foster care facility.
Detectives say the three sisters and a fourth child were discovered missing from A Kids Place, located at 1715 Lithia Pinecrest Road in Brandon, around 12:20 a.m. Friday.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Half-bearded man arrested in Miami
- Chyna’s manager says she died from accidental overdose of prescriptions
- Dozens of citations doled out since decriminalization of marijuana in Tampa
- Beyonce slays at tour opening, offers no insight into album
- St. Pete man records himself asking to use Target women’s bathroom
- Three Tampa Bay area hospitals receive ‘D’ grades
- Hamburger buns stored next to toilet at Checkers restaurant
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines