TALLADEGA, Ala. – Chris Gaither, 11, was home alone Wednesday morning when he heard a noise.
Someone had broken into his Talladega, Alabama home and walked upstairs.
Gaither said he was scared, but wanted to be prepared so he grabbed a nine-millimeter hand gun.
“When he was coming down the stairs, that’s when he told me he was going to kill me, f-you and all that,” Gaither said.
The intruder made it out the front door with a hamper in hand.
That’s when Gaither started firing off bullets. As the intruder was about to jump a fence in the front yard, Gaither’s 12th and final shot hit the suspect in the leg.
“I shot through the hamper he was carrying,” Gaither said. “It was a full metal jacket bullet. It went straight through the back of his leg. He started crying like a little baby.”
Read more: http://bit.ly/1SypEIm
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Florida man clings to car in extreme road rage incident
- WATCH: Off-duty Florida deputy confronts tow truck driver
- Jacksonville police officer arrested after hitting handcuffed woman
- Lawsuit: Tampa strip club owes dancers $3.7 million
- Florida zoo defends decision not to kill tiger that attacked keeper
- Clearwater couple gets home makeover paid by insurance company after calling Behnken
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines