CORTLAND, NY (WFLA) – A black bear had a rough ride down a tree after it was shot with a tranquilizer dart in a New York town.
NBC reported that a black bear was spotted in a neighborhood of Cortland, NY, Monday morning. The animal ran in front of a car and the homeowner reported the sighting.
The crews with the city’s professional firefighters’ association came in to block off the street after the bear fled to a tree.
The animal was tranquilized but unfortunately, its ride down the tree was rough. It was taken away by the Department of Environmental Conservation. It is being closely monitored, according to NBC.
Authorities said this bear had just recently visited a county nearby and was removed from a tree the same way. That’s when it was chipped and collared. This is a 200-pound 2-and-a-half-year-old bear.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- CONTROVERSY: Girl, 7, rides on back of motorcycle from school
- Teen surfer bitten twice by shark at New Smyrna Beach speaks out
- 6-year-old boy safe after father has standoff with police
- Study: Detergent pods causing more injuries in kids
- Couple whose baby was mauled by dog gave up on 911 calls
- Top 8 most watched videos of the week on WFLA.com
- MUG SHOTS: Pinellas deputies arrest nearly two dozen during prescription pill bust
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines