TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Tampa Police Department is currently investigating a homicide at 3805 E. Curtis Street, between 38th and 39th streets.
Police say they were called to the home around 8 p.m. Monday, when they found the body of 48-year-old James Simmons Jr. The victim’s mother found him deceased in his home and called police.
Police are not indicating how Simmons died and say they do not have any suspects. They are currently searching for Simmons’ missing vehicle. It is a 2005 blue Chevrolet Cobalt, Florida tag X981JA.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers with tips. There is up to a $3,000 reward.
Homicide detectives are continuing their investigation. No further details were released.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- 6-year-old boy safe after father has standoff with police
- Study: Detergent pods causing more injuries in kids
- Couple whose baby was mauled by dog gave up on 911 calls
- Top 8 most watched videos of the week on WFLA.com
- MUG SHOTS: Pinellas deputies arrest nearly two dozen during prescription pill bust
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines