FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Police have charged a woman with child abuse after they said her children were found locked inside of a U-Haul truck at Target in Fayetteville.
Sheena Marie Young, 28, was charged with three counts of misdemeanor child abuse and misdemeanor trespassing.
Police were dispatched to Target in the 2000 block of Skibo Road near Chason Ridge Drive at around 5:15 p.m. Saturday in reference to a woman trespassing, authorities confirmed with CBS North Carolina.
Officers found Young inside a U-Hail truck in the Target parking lot. A child was also inside the truck with her. Officers spoke with Young and learned she had been banned from the Target.
As officers were filing an arrest report for trespassing, one officer heard scratching from the U-Haul. Officers opened the door and found two children inside, and 8-year-old and 4-year-old, authorities confirmed. Young told police that she had smoked marijuana prior to driving to Target.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- 6-year-old boy safe after father has standoff with police
- Study: Detergent pods causing more injuries in kids
- Couple whose baby was mauled by dog gave up on 911 calls
- Top 8 most watched videos of the week on WFLA.com
- MUG SHOTS: Pinellas deputies arrest nearly two dozen during prescription pill bust
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines