AVON PARK, FL (WFLA) — The Highlands County Sheriff’s Office is attempting to locate the vehicle that struck a 3-year-old child then drove away.
Deputies say the hit-and-run happened around 5:15 p.m. Saturday on North Lake Avenue in Avon Park.
The victim was flown to a Tampa hospital with critical injuries. Highlands County Sheriff’s Deputies are looking for information to identify this vehicle and the driver involved in this accident.
The vehicle appears to be a white, four-door Chevrolet Malibu with tinted windows, standard wheels and rims and with a sun roof and a spoiler.
Anyone with information on this vehicle is requested to contact the Highlands County Sheriff’s Office and speak with Deputy Mike Weed at 863-402-7200. Anyone with information who wants to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward is asked to call Heartland Crime Stoppers at 1-800-226-TIPS (8477).
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Frozen vegetables recalled nationwide
- Ohio authorities seek leads in slayings of 8 in family
- Study: Detergent pods causing more injuries in kids
- Top 8 most watched videos of the week on WFLA.com
- Dog mauls 3-day-old baby to death
- What’s coming to Netflix in May
- Florida man finds bottle, inside was boy’s heartwarming letter to dead friend
- MUG SHOTS: Pinellas deputies arrest nearly two dozen during prescription pill bust
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines