A conservative Christian group has collected more than half a million signatures so far from people saying they plan to boycott Target.
It’s all over Target’s new bathroom policy. The company “said Tuesday that transgender customers at its stores are welcome to use the bathroom that matches their gender identity, the latest corporate reaction to a wave of legislation seen by critics as anti-LGBT,” CNN Money reports.
The American Family Association says Target allowing transgender people to use bathrooms that don’t coincide with their birth gender opens the door for sexual predators. The group claims “a man can simply say he feels like a woman” and enter the restroom.
Target, meanwhile, is still standing by its policy.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Teen surfer bitten twice by shark at New Smyrna Beach speaks out
- 6-year-old boy safe after father has standoff with police
- Study: Detergent pods causing more injuries in kids
- Couple whose baby was mauled by dog gave up on 911 calls
- Top 8 most watched videos of the week on WFLA.com
- MUG SHOTS: Pinellas deputies arrest nearly two dozen during prescription pill bust
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines