PINELLAS COUNTY, FL (WFLA) – At least one person is dead after a car crash in Pinellas County.
Florida Highway Patrol troopers responded to the scene along U.S. Highway 19 around 8:30 a.m.
According to the FHP report, Janelle Osborn, 47, was in a 1998 Honda at the stop sign on westbound Highland Acre Drive just east of US 19. Charles Templeton, 29, was driving a 2003 Chevrolet Venture going north on US 19. For unknown reasons, he veered right to the east grass shoulder and collided with the Honda.
The Honda flipped and ended up on its roof. The Chevy came to a full stop almost on top of the Honda in a ditch in front of Cycle Springs, a Yamaha dealership near Highland Acres Drive.
Osborn died at the scene. Her passenger Larry Reed, 42, got critical injuries. They were both wearing seat belts.
Templeton was not injured, he had his seatbelt on, according to the FHP report. His passenger Ryan Trullard, 31, who was not wearing a seat belt, was not injured either.
The medical examiner’s office sent a technician to the scene to retrieve the body. The accident remains under investigation. The charges are pending.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Teen surfer bitten twice by shark at New Smyrna Beach speaks out
- 6-year-old boy safe after father has standoff with police
- Study: Detergent pods causing more injuries in kids
- Couple whose baby was mauled by dog gave up on 911 calls
- Top 8 most watched videos of the week on WFLA.com
- MUG SHOTS: Pinellas deputies arrest nearly two dozen during prescription pill bust
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines