NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – Erin Andrews has reached a settlement with the owners of the Nashville Marriott where she was unknowingly recorded naked in her hotel room in September 2008.
Andrews’ attorney confirmed to News 2 the case has been settled and litigation is over.
The terms of the settlement are confidential.
Andrews was awarded a total of $55 million earlier this year in a civil lawsuit. The hotel and her stalker, Michael Barrett, were both named in the lawsuit.
Barrett has since been charged and served just over two years in jail. He was released in 2012.
During the recent trial, an IT expert estimated that 16 million people have viewed the secretly recorded video of the sportscaster and “Dancing with the Stars” co-host.
Andrews was in Nashville for the March trial. Both she and her parents testified saying the secretly recorded videos changed her life.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Teen surfer bitten twice by shark at New Smyrna Beach speaks out
- 6-year-old boy safe after father has standoff with police
- Study: Detergent pods causing more injuries in kids
- Couple whose baby was mauled by dog gave up on 911 calls
- Top 8 most watched videos of the week on WFLA.com
- MUG SHOTS: Pinellas deputies arrest nearly two dozen during prescription pill bust
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines