(WJAR) – A Providence, Rhode Island police officer has been arrested for stealing coupon inserts from the Providence Journal.
Police said Officer Jesse Ferrell, 49, who is a 19-year veteran of the Providence Police Department, was busted after an undercover operation at a distribution center for the ProJo.
People at the distribution facility contacted Providence police two weeks ago about the coupon theft. Officers then conducted surveillance of the building and caught Ferrell Friday morning.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1YQd5IB
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Teen surfer bitten twice by shark at New Smyrna Beach speaks out
- 6-year-old boy safe after father has standoff with police
- Study: Detergent pods causing more injuries in kids
- Couple whose baby was mauled by dog gave up on 911 calls
- Top 8 most watched videos of the week on WFLA.com
- MUG SHOTS: Pinellas deputies arrest nearly two dozen during prescription pill bust
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines