ROANOKE (WSLS 10) – Lovers of Cracker Jack popcorn will soon be in for a surprise when they go looking for the buried toy prize inside the box.
The brand is bringing its 125-year tradition of including a toy prize inside to an end, replacing the toy with stickers containing digital codes.
Those codes will lead customers to baseball-inspired games that they can play on their phones.
“The Cracker Jack Prize Inside has been as much a part of the nostalgia and love for the brand as the unforgettable combination of caramel-coated popcorn and peanuts,” said Haston Lewis, senior director of marketing, Frito-Lay. “The new Prize Inside allows families to enjoy their favorite baseball moments through a new one-of-a-kind mobile experience, leveraging digital technology to bring the iconic Prize Inside to life.”
Cracker Jack is also changing its iconic logo and packaging as well.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Frozen vegetables recalled nationwide
- New surveillance video captures Friday robbery in Haines City
- Coroner: Teen who shot 2 outside prom in WI is dead
- 4 federal agents injured during shootout at Kansas motel
- Top 8 most watched videos of the week on WFLA.com
- Dog mauls 3-day-old baby to death
- What’s coming to Netflix in May
- Florida man finds bottle, inside was boy’s heartwarming letter to dead friend
- MUG SHOTS: Pinellas deputies arrest nearly two dozen during prescription pill bust
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines