CLEARWATER, FL (WFLA) – A man in Palm Harbor is charged with aggravated battery after police said he hit a bicyclist with a golf umbrella from a moving car.
Michael William Nuckolls, 20, is at the Pinellas County jail. He is charged in the April 5 attack on Derek Queener, 44.
Queener rode his bicycle down Jackson Road from work on the evening of April 5. He was hit with something by a passenger in the back seat of a vehicle driving the opposite way. He got extensive facial injuries.
Surveillance video captured the vehicle leaving the area. It was a silver Jeep Compass with black rims. Somebody saw the Jeep in Clearwater and called police.
Clearwater Police tracked down the Jeep and determined that on the night of the attack a 16-year-old girl was driving it and Nuckolls was on the back seat. Police said he used a golf umbrella to hit Queener.
Detectives didn’t release any information about the motive of the attack.
Nuckolls is in jail on $10,000 bond.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Man nabbed in child-sex sting is every parent’s ‘nightmare’
- Florida man finds bottle, inside was boy’s heartwarming letter to dead friend
- 8 fun things to do this weekend in Tampa Bay | April 23-24
- Police: Haines City robbery suspect crashes vehicle, faces charges
- What’s coming to Netflix in May
- MUG SHOTS: Pinellas deputies arrest nearly two dozen during prescription pill bust
- WATCH: Teacher’s aide, student involved in violent brawl
- VIDEO: Shedd Aquarium dolphin gives birth, swims with calf
- Sears to close 68 Kmart, 10 Sears stores this summer
- SHOCKING VIDEO: Observers do nothing to help dying man in Chicago street
- VIDEO: Sugar Sand Festival, Clearwater honor Prince with memorial
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines