PASCO COUNTY, FL (WFLA) – A bicyclist was hit and killed on a Pasco County road early Saturday morning, according to Florida Highway Patrol.
It happened at the intersection of westbound State Road 54 and Carpenters Run before 8 a.m. Paul Joseph Mast, 38, of Land O’ Lakes, was driving his 2013 Nissan Juke west on SR 54in the center lane.
Franklin K. Williams, 54, of Tampa, was biking along the roadway edge going west as well. Mast was passing another car when he hit the bicycle.
Williams died at the scene from his injuries.
According to FHP, Mast was not drunk and was wearing his seatbelt. Alcohol was not a factor for the bicyclist either.
FHP will continue to investigate, the charges in the case are pending.
Stay with WFLA for more on this developing story.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Man nabbed in child-sex sting is every parent’s ‘nightmare’
- Florida man finds bottle, inside was boy’s heartwarming letter to dead friend
- 8 fun things to do this weekend in Tampa Bay | April 23-24
- Police: Haines City robbery suspect crashes vehicle, faces charges
- What’s coming to Netflix in May
- MUG SHOTS: Pinellas deputies arrest nearly two dozen during prescription pill bust
- WATCH: Teacher’s aide, student involved in violent brawl
- VIDEO: Shedd Aquarium dolphin gives birth, swims with calf
- Sears to close 68 Kmart, 10 Sears stores this summer
- SHOCKING VIDEO: Observers do nothing to help dying man in Chicago street
- VIDEO: Sugar Sand Festival, Clearwater honor Prince with memorial
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines