ALMELUND, Minn. (WFLA) – A mother in Minnesota is calling herself the “World’s Meanest Mom” after placing her 15-year-old daughter’s truck on Craigslist to teach her a lesson.
Amy Adams states in the ad, posted earlier this week, that she is selling the truck to as punishment after the teen skipped school this week and disrespected family members.
“She was on her ‘one more chance and the truck was getting sold.’ And she blew that ‘one more chance’ on Monday when she decided to skip school,” said Adams.
In the ad, Adams states the 1998 Dodge Ram is titled in her name and plans to sell it for $2,750.
She “decided that her grades don’t matter, that she can disrespect myself and her siblings on a daily basis, and that she has the right to skip school and run away from home,” Adams told KARE.
Adams told KARE, her daughter saw the post and flagged it with Craigslist, prompting the site to remove the ad. Adams posted it again.
As for being the “meanest” mom out there, Adams received an outpouring of support from other parents on the internet and hopes her daughter can appreciate the lesson one day.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Police find wrestler Chyna dead after 911 call
- OJ Simpson’s kids, now 30 and 27, live quietly in St. Petersburg
- Police: Male engaged in sex acts with child on school grounds
- Detectives investigating woman’s death after vehicle forced off road
- Bed bug lawsuit moves forward
- Recordings shed light in case of teens who died when stolen car plunged into pond
- Dead man’s bedsores exposed bones, hadn’t been to doctor in 4 years
- Major changes coming to Walt Disney World for the summer
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines