ST. PETERSBURG, FL (WFLA) – A teenager turning 18 was shot and killed on his birthday, according to St. Petersburg Police. Another teenager was arrested and charged with his murder.
The shooting happened on Wednesday at the home located on the 2100 block of 1st Street South in St. Petersburg. Maxwell Curtis Muennich, 18, was shot during a fight in front of his house.
He was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead later Wednesday.
SPPD detectives identified and located the suspect, 17-year-old Christopher Scott. They found him at his house on 21st Avenue South and arrested him early Thursday morning.
He was taken to the Pinellas County Juvenile Assessment Center on one charge of first-degree murder.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Infant body parts found in bags under North Carolina home
- Police found wrestler Chyna dead after 911 call
- VIDEO: Online predator sting nabs 13 men in Sarasota County
- Woman watches Pinellas road rage and stabbing incident unfold
- OJ Simpson’s kids, now 30 and 27, live quietly in St. Petersburg
- Detectives investigating woman’s death after vehicle forced off road
- Bed bug lawsuit moves forward
- Sick Michigan boy to leave Bay area, return home for more medical care
- Police say Pinellas road rage incident led to stabbing
- Florida officer fired after being caught up in prostitution sting
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines