DUNEDIN, Fla. (WFLA) — Garrison-Jones Elementary School in Dunedin was placed on precautionary lockdown on Thursday morning.
A Pinellas County Schools spokesperson said the lockdown was put into place because of police activity in the area.
A Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson said a person fled on foot after a traffic stop on County Road 1 and Amberlea. Deputies are searching for the suspect.
Garrison-Jones Elementary is located at 3133 Garrison Rd. in Dunedin.
Stay with WFLA.com for updates about this developing story.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Police find wrestler Chyna dead after 911 call
- OJ Simpson’s kids, now 30 and 27, live quietly in St. Petersburg
- Police: Male engaged in sex acts with child on school grounds
- Detectives investigating woman’s death after vehicle forced off road
- Bed bug lawsuit moves forward
- Recordings shed light in case of teens who died when stolen car plunged into pond
- Dead man’s bedsores exposed bones, hadn’t been to doctor in 4 years
- Major changes coming to Walt Disney World for the summer
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines