VALRICO, FL (WFLA) – A 29-year-old man is charged with second-degree murder after a Valrico bar shooting. Logan M. Schwab was arrested Thursday.
Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office deputies were called to the The One-Night Stand around 3:15 a.m. Thursday. The bar is located at 1602 East State Road 60 in Valrico.
Deputies found the victim, Evan Godwin, 25, in the parking lot. Godwin was deceased. He had sustained upper body gunshot wounds.
“According to the investigation, the victim and the defendant were involved in a verbal dispute in the parking lot,” deputies said. “The dispute escalated and the defendant shot the victim multiple times.”
Schwab admitted to the shooting, deputies said. He was taken to the Hillsborough County Orient Road Jail.
The investigation is ongoing.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Infant body parts found in bags under North Carolina home
- Police found wrestler Chyna dead after 911 call
- VIDEO: Online predator sting nabs 13 men in Sarasota County
- Woman watches Pinellas road rage and stabbing incident unfold
- OJ Simpson’s kids, now 30 and 27, live quietly in St. Petersburg
- Detectives investigating woman’s death after vehicle forced off road
- Bed bug lawsuit moves forward
- Sick Michigan boy to leave Bay area, return home for more medical care
- Police say Pinellas road rage incident led to stabbing
- Florida officer fired after being caught up in prostitution sting
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines