TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – On Thursday night firefighters rescued a dog during a brush fire. The dog was chained to a tree in the woods at Rowlett Park.
Tampa Fire Rescue crews were fighting the fire when they found the pup. Officials said they don’t know the circumstances surrounding the dog’s locations.
The fire is under control, officials said. It’s in a heavily wooded area, and no structures are in danger, according to Tampa Fire Rescue.
Animal control officers are heading to the scene to get the dog.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Pop superstar Prince found dead
- Police find wrestler Chyna dead after 911 call
- OJ Simpson’s kids, now 30 and 27, live quietly in St. Petersburg
- Police: Male engaged in sex acts with child on school grounds
- Detectives investigating woman’s death after vehicle forced off road
- Bed bug lawsuit moves forward
- Recordings shed light in case of teens who died when stolen car plunged into pond
- Dead man’s bedsores exposed bones, hadn’t been to doctor in 4 years
- Major changes coming to Walt Disney World for the summer
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines