TAMPA, Fla. – A portion of Laurel Street, including the bridge, from North Boulevard to Doyle Carlton Drive will be closed starting Monday, May 2, and will reopen in early September as part of a Capital Improvement Project.
The City contractor will be replacing damaged steel structures and painting the Laurel Street bridge.
Pedestrians will not be able to walk over the Laurel Street bridge. Pedestrians will need to use the Cass Street bridge to access between downtown and the west bank during the construction period.
A hi-resolution map with the City of Tampa’s suggested detour route can be found embedded below.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- OJ Simpson’s kids, now 30 and 27, live quietly in St. Petersburg
- Detectives investigating woman’s death after vehicle forced off road
- Bed bug lawsuit moves forward
- Sick Michigan boy to leave Bay area, returns home for more medical care
- Police say Pinellas road rage incident led to stabbing
- Florida officer fired after being caught up in prostitution sting
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines