WANTAGE, N.J. (AP) – State troopers discovered the decomposed remains of a man and a dead cat inside a northern New Jersey home while responding to a medical assistance call.
Authorities say troopers responded to the Wantage home on Sunday night after receiving a report of an unresponsive woman on the porch of a house. Police found an elderly woman who couldn’t communicate with them and discovered the partially skeletonized remains of her husband on a bed.
It’s unclear how long the body had been in the home, located about 50 miles northwest of Newark.
Police say they also found a dead cat in the backseat of a car parked in the driveway.
Troopers say debris and garbage littered the residence, which has been declared structurally unsafe.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Florida man who killed wife, kids had history of domestic violence, records show
- Recordings shed light in case of teens who died when stolen car plunged into pond
- ‘Everybody Loves Raymond’ actress Doris Roberts dead at 90
- Dead man’s bedsores exposed bones, hadn’t been to doctor in 4 years
- Major changes coming to Walt Disney World for the summer
- Cup of coffee leads to smashed, stolen car in St. Pete
- Couple in Tampa engagement photo located, gets surprise photo session
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines