TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Tampa Police Department investigators say a man who was killed when his motorcycle crashed Tuesday morning on Busch Boulevard was not the victim of a hit and run.
The accident happened just after 3 a.m.
Investigators say Jarrett Gretebeck, age 21 of Tampa, was driving a 2012 Kawasaki ZX-10R east on Busch Boulevard when he apparently hit the brakes and lost control of his motorcycle. Gretebeck was wearing a helmet.
Police say it was reported earlier as a possible hit and run, but at this time there is no physical evidence to suggest that the accident was a hit and run involving another vehicle.
Tampa Police detectives continue to investigate. Anyone with any information regarding the accident should call Tampa Police at 813-276-3440.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Florida man who killed wife, kids had history of domestic violence, records show
- Recordings shed light in case of teens who died when stolen car plunged into pond
- ‘Everybody Loves Raymond’ actress Doris Roberts dead at 90
- Dead man’s bedsores exposed bones, hadn’t been to doctor in 4 years
- Northside Christian students busted for drug-laced gummies on way to baseball game
- Major changes coming to Walt Disney World for the summer
- Cup of coffee leads to smashed, stolen car in St. Pete
- Couple in Tampa engagement photo located, gets surprise photo session
- Rent Due: Florida landlord fatally shoots tenant over $550
- Mother, friend arrested after child found in hot car outside strip club
- Deputies: Woman strangled to death after her birthday party
- Road rage incident with motorcyclists turned into beating for Tampa Bay area man
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines