TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Museum of Science & Industry is preparing to move to Downtown Tampa.
“Launching a project that will create an iconic institution and a beacon for learning in Tampa’s cultural core, the Museum of Science & Industry’s board of directors voted Tuesday to begin planning to relocate and reinvent MOSI in a new, cutting-edge home in Downtown Tampa,” museum officials said in a press release.
Officials said a new building for MOSI could lead to fiscal sustainability.
MOSI’s team will now work with community philanthropists and leaders, museum planners, scientists and educators to help in relocating.
The current planning process will take up to a year, officials said. The project “will identify the features, exhibits and programs (to be) offered in a new science center; an exact location and size; and the costs and funding sources involved.”
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Florida man who killed wife, kids had history of domestic violence, records show
- Recordings shed light in case of teens who died when stolen car plunged into pond
- ‘Everybody Loves Raymond’ actress Doris Roberts dead at 90
- Dead man’s bedsores exposed bones, hadn’t been to doctor in 4 years
- Major changes coming to Walt Disney World for the summer
- Cup of coffee leads to smashed, stolen car in St. Pete
- Couple in Tampa engagement photo located, gets surprise photo session
- Rent Due: Florida landlord fatally shoots tenant over $550
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines