DUNCAN, Okla. (WFLA) – Police in Oklahoma are investigating after a dog was found with an arrow through his neck.
‘Archer,’ as he’s now known, was discovered by Duncan Animal Control in surprisingly good condition.
Archer was taken to Duncan Veterinary Hospital where the doctors removed the arrow that pierced his neck and sliced his paw open, KFOR reported.
“The arrow amazingly missed all his vital structures, entered the back of his neck and came out through the bottom,” said Dr. Michael Hudson with Duncan Veterinary Hospital.
Police are currently questioning a suspect in the case. So far, no arrests have been made.
Officials are still trying to locate Archer’s owner, but he has not microchip or collar with any identification on it. For now, he’s at the hospital where he’s expected to make a full recovery.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Florida man who killed wife, kids had history of domestic violence, records show
- Recordings shed light in case of teens who died when stolen car plunged into pond
- ‘Everybody Loves Raymond’ actress Doris Roberts dead at 90
- Dead man’s bedsores exposed bones, hadn’t been to doctor in 4 years
- Major changes coming to Walt Disney World for the summer
- Cup of coffee leads to smashed, stolen car in St. Pete
- Couple in Tampa engagement photo located, gets surprise photo session
- Rent Due: Florida landlord fatally shoots tenant over $550
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines