SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) — A child was airlifted to a local hospital on Tuesday after an SUV hit a woman pushing a stroller in Sarasota.
Sarasota Police Department officers say the crash happened at about 10 a.m. at the intersection of US 301 and 4th Street.
Investigators say a woman was pushing the stroller and was attempting to cross the northbound and southbound lanes of U.S. 301. A Cadillac SUV struck the woman and the child in the stroller.
Police say the woman pushing the stroller is the child’s grandmother. Her 1 and 1/2 year old grandson is in stable condition at All Children’s Hospital in St. Petersburg.
The grandmother, 42, was transported to Sarasota Memorial Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Police say the driver of the vehicle was fully cooperative with officers and their investigation. Charges are not expected for the driver. Charges for the grandmother are possible. The crash remains under investigation.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Florida man who killed wife, kids had history of domestic violence, records show
- Recordings shed light in case of teens who died when stolen car plunged into pond
- ‘Everybody Loves Raymond’ actress Doris Roberts dead at 90
- Dead man’s bedsores exposed bones, hadn’t been to doctor in 4 years
- Major changes coming to Walt Disney World for the summer
- Cup of coffee leads to smashed, stolen car in St. Pete
- Couple in Tampa engagement photo located, gets surprise photo session
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines