PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A 73-year-old man said a Bright House contractor headbutted him after an argument.
The victim, who News Channel 8 is not identifying, called Bright House to have his cable line buried. He had new sod ready to be put down in the front yard.
Justin Hoke, a contractor from Knight Enterprises, showed up. Hoke and the victim argued about how deep the cable should go.
At times, it got heated. “I said, ‘Really, at this point, you really need to get in your truck and leave.’ He said, ‘No. I’m gonna do this,’” the victim said.
The two got face to face. “And he turns to me, comes up to me, and gets right in my face, and headbutts me. And his words were, ‘You headbutted me.’ And I said, ‘Come on,’” the victim said.
The victim’s girlfriend snapped pictures of his busted lip. “I was kind of shocked. And kind of little dazed at the time that he did it,” the victim added.
News Channel 8 stopped by the waterfront Indian Rocks Beach house of the accused attacker.
His work truck sat in the driveway. You could see Justin Hoke through the glass door. He said something we could not make out.
A Bright House spokesman said Hoke no longer does work for the cable company and what happened to the customer is inexcusable. The company has no tolerance for violence, the spokesman added.
Bright House is now directly performing the work for the victim.
Nobody from Hoke’s employer, Knight Enterprises, would talk to News Channel 8.
Hoke told police he must have run into the man while they were arguing, perhaps with his nose. “I’m bleeding out of my mouth going down my chin, and he didn’t know?” the victim questioned.
Hoke is charged with battery.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Florida man who killed wife, kids had history of domestic violence, records show
- Recordings shed light in case of teens who died when stolen car plunged into pond
- ‘Everybody Loves Raymond’ actress Doris Roberts dead at 90
- Dead man’s bedsores exposed bones, hadn’t been to doctor in 4 years
- Major changes coming to Walt Disney World for the summer
- Cup of coffee leads to smashed, stolen car in St. Pete
- Couple in Tampa engagement photo located, gets surprise photo session
- Rent Due: Florida landlord fatally shoots tenant over $550
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines